A Woman's Wealth

If a woman's wealth were measured by the love her family has for her, I hope I would be counted among the richest of the world!

If a woman's wealth were measured by how much love she has for her family, I know I would be at the top of the list.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Did you just call me FAT?

Okay, here is the deal….I am fat! No, really it’s true. I have been heavy most of my adult life and have been okay with it for the most part. Sure, I get into moods now and then where I think “you probably should do something about that” but then I tell myself “oh, your fine, your health is good, you’re older, your husband still loves you, etc…..” and I don’t do anything but token efforts. I figured as long as I am a “healthy fat person” I am good!

Well, NO MORE! In the last year I have had a severe decline in my health that can be pretty much controlled or corrected with weight loss and change of eating habits and food choices. So, the fact that I have a family that would like me to stick around, grandchildren I need to see born and grow up, and so forth, I decided to get professional nutritional assistance.

I saw a doctor for my complete check up, and I saw a nutritionist for guidance, and I am attending classes to teach me to be better about what and how I put things in my (and my family’s) mouth. Yeah!!!

So, I have gotten rid of most breads and sugar!!! Super-duper hard! I went through 4 days of headaches when I did that. I don’t want that again. I am learning to cut out most fats like mayo, butter and junk. And, I eat about a ¼ t a ½ of what I used to eat. I think it is still too much sometimes but I will get there.

Anyway, I have lost about 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks. It would have been more but I lost about 5 then put 4 back on during Mother’s day weekend so I had to start over again.

I start at the gym probably next week so that will be fun. Orey and the family have bee a huge support to me. It has gotten to the point where I have limited my eating that Orey will call me to remind me to snack on something healthy. He is so good to me :~)

I just wanted to let you all know so you can follow my progress if you want. I hope to lose about 40 Lbs by September or November. Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Good luck! And no. I didn't just call you fat.

Love ya!!

(you should post before and after pics)

Maura said...

wish I had the will power...but I don't so fat I will be.

good luck and happy for ya!

Erica said...

yay!! you can do it!