A Woman's Wealth

If a woman's wealth were measured by the love her family has for her, I hope I would be counted among the richest of the world!

If a woman's wealth were measured by how much love she has for her family, I know I would be at the top of the list.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Don't leave home without it!!

Marina and I went to Las Vegas on Monday. I had some stuff at work I needed to take care of so I worked for about 5 or 6 hours and then we headed out. I ran home and unloaded the vehicle because we always have junk..uh, I mean stuff, that needs to be taken out of the cars. I could have sworn that I left my purse in the car because we were going to leave really soon. Well, as luck would have it, I did NOT leave my purse in the car and did not find out until we were about 200 miles away from home when I stopped to get gas. That is when I found out that I was sans purse. Lucky for me, I had filled the tank up before leaving town and had put the ATM card in my coat pocket instead of my purse. However, I did not have any ID with me and we needed to check into a hotel. That would not have been a big deal because Marina and I have the same name, however, you have to be 21 to check in. I also left my cell phone with my purse. This was sooo going down hill. The final problem was that I had to have a hold put on my ATM card that would have normally been put on my credit card....if I had my purse.

It all turned out fine though. We got to LV, I realized I had my Prison employee ID (thank goodness I went to work that morning because I did not plan too) so was able to check in, my parents were in LV so they gave me some emergency money until the hold was taken off my debit card plus a little something for fun, Orey worked his magic and came up with an emergency stash of money for gas for the trip home. Marina and I got to hang out together and enjoy each other's company. We had dinner with my parents, ran into an ex-client of mine who is doing REALLY great right now with a new job and car, and generally had a good time. The weather was awesome too since it was rainy and foggy which is some of my favorite patterns.

Anyway, the moral of the story is to make sure you have what you NEED when you leave on a trip! Either that or have an awesome support system in place :)

3 comments:

Judy Feliz said...

I love the new family picture and we so enjoyed seeing you in Vegas, and I will make sure we have everything in the car when we leave for home tomorrow. Love you bunches.

Deborah said...

I'm so glad you had your ID and your debit card! I still can't believe you didn't have your phone for so long! I probably would have died from technology withdrawls. :) Just kidding. I'm glad you got to see grandma and grandpa.

Maura said...

Sometimes the best trips turn out to be when things seemed to have gone wrong. :)

glad you had back ups and magic workers to help you out.