A Woman's Wealth

If a woman's wealth were measured by the love her family has for her, I hope I would be counted among the richest of the world!

If a woman's wealth were measured by how much love she has for her family, I know I would be at the top of the list.

Monday, December 13, 2010

When is Christmas exactly?

Last week we had Christmas! Yepperoo, you heard correctly, we celebrated Christmas on the 5th of December. All of my kids were home for the holiday so we had the Mexican Christmas with a billion kids, generations of family, good friends, lots of tamales and other Mexican food, all wrapped up in a ton of love!

I learned many, many years ago that Christmas is not a day, it is a time. A time for family and love. So over the years I think we have celebrated Christmas on the calendar day just as many times as we have celebrated it on a non-traditional day. However, we always have fun. Of course, Santa always comes in the night of December 24th.

Whatever day you are celebrating the "Reason for the Season", the birth of the Christ Child, I hope your heart is filled with love and hope.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I love Christmas because it's the time of year everyone is more generous and thoughtful. I love that it brings families together, and I love that we were able to share Christmas together this year (again). I love you.

Maura said...

I kinda like that we don't do our Christmas on 'traditional' dates usually. It especially helps with us married 'uns who need to split our holiday time.

Deborah said...

Hey, I like your blog header! I'm so proud of you for doing that on your own and not even waiting for me to help you with it! :D

Marina the Mom said...

Thanks Deborah! I know it was really scary but I went out of my comfort zone and succeeded!