A Woman's Wealth

If a woman's wealth were measured by the love her family has for her, I hope I would be counted among the richest of the world!

If a woman's wealth were measured by how much love she has for her family, I know I would be at the top of the list.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Best Christmas Present EVER!!

Okay, knowing me you are probably expecting some profound, sappy post about some wonderful, emotional present that embodies spirit and happiness. Well, this is not it.

I got plenty of Christmas presents this year like that such as all of my wonderful kids home for an early celebration. However, one of the BEST presents of the season is not even one that was given to me! It was given to Gabriel. He got a little personal "pup" tent that is shaped like a puppy dog. He loves it so much that we put it on his bed for a night to let him sleep in it...for fun. An amazing thing happened, he slept through the whole night AND did not wake up until late morning. We thought it might be a fluke because he had not been feeling well. So, we kept the tent up. Amazingly, this has been the pattern every night since then! I am soooooo excited! For anyone who does not know, Gabriel does not sleep very well and will get up several time during the night and walk around or get his sister up or wake us up. It is a symptom of his disability. So, needless to say, this has truly been wonderful, and the best part is that he seems to be more rested and not so emotional throughout the day.

I would have to say this constitutes as one of the Best Christmas Presents EVER in my book. Now, let's hope the pattern continues :)

3 comments:

Deborah said...

That is fantastic! Very, very cool. I'm glad it was not a fluke and that Gabriel is sleeping better. I'm sure that is helping you and dad! Love you.

Maura said...

Wonderful. He must feel safe in his little world. :D

Thats a wonderful gift for everyone. Sleep is always wonderful

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I remember those little tents, How fun for Gabriel
:0-)