A Woman's Wealth

If a woman's wealth were measured by the love her family has for her, I hope I would be counted among the richest of the world!

If a woman's wealth were measured by how much love she has for her family, I know I would be at the top of the list.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Blessing of a Rough Start

Okay, so this morning started out a bit rough. Nothing dramatic just a rough start. I decided that having a rough start is a blessing. I can make a choice to let it go down hill, or I can make the choice to improve it.

If the day started well then I have no choice and I just go with the flow and possibly take it for granted that my day is good. If my day starts out bad and I don't make a choice to improve it then I have a sucky day....and probably everyone around me will too :)

Did my day automatically get better? Absolutely not! Things went awry pretty quickly here at work and some at home. But, I chose to make it a good day. If not for my self, then at least those around me.

By the way, my rough start costed to the tune of $1200 today for a timing belt. The good side, we had the money set aside for Christmas. Gues what everyone gets for Christmas this year? That's right, the opportunity to know we are driving around in our car with the working timing belt. :)

There is always something to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Maura said...

SHUT UP!!! THATS WHAT I'VE WANTED ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!! How did you know?

J/K....I'm glad you had the money to fix what needed to be fixed. I"m sorry your day started pooey! Good for you for making the choice to make it better

Deborah said...

Merry Christmas to us!!! Yay!!! Thanks. It's just what we wanted.

Feliz Family Postings said...

Over the years we have lost what the true meaning of Christmas is, but you guys are fortunate this year because you will be able to bring back into the family the true meaning of Christmas. The meaning of gift giving is not the material items, but the love and the caring of a fantastic family. Santa will find a way to keep the fun side with the little ones, don't doubt that for one minute. LOve and hugs, family, togetherness, health, that is the riches of Christmas and the love of God is the biggest gifts of all.

Unknown said...

HAHHAAA!!!! Oh my gosh Reeni, Maura and Deborah I love you guys so much! You all crack me up. I am ALL about the material things you know ;0-) Seriously though,Reen, Sorry your day started out icky but knowing you, you have already turned it around to something positive. I love you Big Seesta
:0-)