A Woman's Wealth

If a woman's wealth were measured by the love her family has for her, I hope I would be counted among the richest of the world!

If a woman's wealth were measured by how much love she has for her family, I know I would be at the top of the list.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day of Colors

Yesterday was a day of colors.

Early in the day Marina J and I went on a tour of Herlong Federal Prison through a conference we were attending in Reno. Interesting place. If I every get caught committing a crime, I want it to be labled a federal crime because that was one, nice prison. In Nevada you are not allowed to wear blue in the prison because the prisoner's wear blue. In Herlong, everything was brown and beige. Even the buildings and grounds. Ironically, I did not hear a lot of colorful language which I usually do in that environment.

Yesterday afternoon we were driving by the park on our way to a function. I got to enjoy looking at the trees because they were taking on the fall colors. Very beautiful.

We (mom, dad, Bean and me) went to Red's for the Think Pink breast cancer awareness event. Lot's of pink everywhere! That was fun. On our way in my dad carried my mom's purse for a minute. He had a comment to make about that so I told him not to worry, it matched him perfectly. The purse is black and dark brown. My dad was wearing a black shirt so he was black and dark brown too :)

On our way home from Think Pink, we drove down main street. The Capitol had the pink lights strung up in honor of breast cancer awareness. In case you did not know, the Capitol often color coordinates with whatever awarness event is going on.

After we got home, my sweet and wonderful husband was kind enough to help me cage the skunk! One of the reasons I refused so long to color my hair is because I hate the "skunk" look that starts coming out when my hair starts growing. Everyone said it was not that noticeable and I believe them, but to me I feel like a big fat zit in the middle of my face would be less noticeable (although I would rather not test that theory). So, here we are in our bathroom that is barely big enough to squeeze 2 people in, trying our best to color my roots without making me look worst. I loved seeing my husband in his green non-latex gloves (courtesy of Disneyland and Alexander)with a hair dye paintbrush in his hands, working magic in taming and caging the skunk. I will have you know that he did a really good job!

So that was my colorful day.

4 comments:

Maura said...

Don't forget you had lunch with your always colorful eldest daughter. :) I tend to brighten up any room. haha. j/k.

I'm glad you had a colorful day. those are always better then gray ones.

Feliz Family Postings said...

I love you story and I enjoyed our evening out, and yes the colors are out everywhere, that is why I love Fall, beautiful. Thanks for a fun evening.

Deborah said...

Where is the camera when you need one?! I wish I could have seen dad in there with his green non-latext gloves playing stylist. I'm tellin' ya, he's getting soft in his old age:)

Unknown said...

Reeni! You crack me up...darn skunks! Love you :0-)